Happily Ever After, was only the beginning

Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Alive!!!

It’s alive!! Yes I have started to feel the baby move!! Its so crazy! I started feeling him about a few weeks ago. At first I really wasn’t sure if it was the baby or if I was just digesting. Then I went to work on Tuesday, the doctor that works there asked me if I have felt her yet. I said “I don’t think so, but maybe”…haha. He asked me a few more questions then said, “Well I’m sure you’ll feel it before you know it.” The first patient we went in to see, I was sitting there and felt like a popcorn popping feeling slightly to the left of my belly button! It didn’t feel like flutters. It felt like popcorn. And I just knew it was the baby! From there on I have felt her move everyday! Still feeling like popcorn is popping in my stomach!

Last night was the most I have ever felt him move. He was just going to town. It kinda left like he was doing laps. Which is fine, its fun to feel her moving around. So Joe got home from school/rugby practice so I had him see if he could feel it moving around. We have tired before to see if he could feel but it was so random that I would feel her for a few minutes then he would put his hand on my stomach and she would stop. So he put his hand on my stomach waiting for just a minute then pulled his hand off and went “Ah”!! His face was pretty hilarious! He said “that’s so weird!!! Its like in those possession movies! You have something alive and moving inside of you!” I think he kinda finds the whole process weird. He thought the first ultrasound was weird. I’m sure he is going to fin the one on Monday weirder! It’s actually going to look like a baby! But he does get a big smile on his face when we hear the heartbeat. Its cute.

We haven’t bought much for this little one yet. We have gotten a lot of stuff from people, which is amazing. Joe’s mom has given us lots of clothes. We have a boy tote, a girl tote and a neutral tote. My brother brought us a TON of stuff too. A pack and play, swing, clothes, bassinette, bedding, etc. Granted we may not use it all but we have it incase we want it! The one thing we have gotten is our CRIB! Also, a changing table. Woo! We got it from Karen Montague aka Karen Renburg. It’s a cherry wood and in amazing condition. So we are pretty excited about that. This picture is of it up with all of her bedding. We don’t have it up yet and I’m waiting to see if it’s a boy or a girl to buy my bedding. Which I already have on my baby registry! (Amazon.com) But I wanted to show you what it looks like.



So Monday is the day! Boy or Girl! Pink or Blue!! Hopefully this little one decides it wants to be good and cooperate!!

(Sorry, I switched off between him/her. Since I don't know I don't want to call the child "it" everytime)


No comments:

Post a Comment